Emily K. Doty - AssociateLos Angeles
Emily Doty focuses her practice on the defense of high-exposure personal injury and wrongful death litigation, with an emphasis on cases involving the firm's aviation practice. She represents major and regional domestic airlines, product manufacturers and general aviation operations in both state and federal courts throughout California.
Emily has extensive litigation experience working with a diverse range of product liability and commercial clients, including elevator, HVAC, pumps, steam traps and water filter manufacturers. She handles all aspects of civil litigation from inception to completion, beginning with pre-suit evaluation and going through discovery, motion practice, alternative dispute resolution and/or trial.
Prior to joining Leader & Berkon, Emily worked for a national law firm handling mass tort and product lability litigation for Fortune 500 companies. She also has experience with insurance defense and construction defect litigation. Previously, she was client intake coordinator for the Legal Aid Foundation Los Angeles. During law school, Emily interned for the Judicial Counsel of California, Administrative.
- University of California, Hastings, J.D. (2013)
- Activities and Societies: Senior Articles Editor, Communication and Entertainment Law Journal (Comm/Ent)
- University of California, Irvine, B.A., cum laude (2010)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- California Women Lawyers